Thursday, June 2, 2011

Danish Dessert and 'Farvel'!

Okay, I wish I had more time to post more of the tea party...but I'm going to have to leave you in the very capable hands of Mary Julia. Getting all the stuff ready for a mission has been a ton of work and extremely time consuming! Not to mention all the goodbyes that I've had to say.
I can't make this a long post, because I'm not supposed to be on the computer long, but the plan for the next year and a half is that I'll find some cool Danish recipes while on my mission in Denmark and send them back! I hope to see you all in 18 months!
Without further ado, here is Danish Dessert

It came in a box and I followed the directions...woohoo! It was a lot like Jell-o but more tart. It said on the box it was made in New Jersey or something...so that was a disappointment. It told me to add strawberries or raspberries and I happened to have some! It thickened really quick and was REALLY bright red. I enjoyed it and so did my parents! I would have gotten Cool Whip for it though, to add a little more sweetness. It would have been neat as a parfait too!






I made two other Danish recipes lately for my Farewell party. I unfortunately didn't take pictures...but I'll post the recipes here really quick!

This first one is Risalamande which is a almond and rice pudding with cherry sauce. It is traditionally served at Christmas and oh my gosh! I could eat it everyday. It was surprisingly easy and sooooo delicious! I can't wait until Christmas in Denmark!

http://www.dianasdesserts.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/recipes.recipeListing/filter/dianas/recipeID/387/Recipe.cfm

This second one didn't give much information about its origin. They are called Danished Glazed Mushrooms and they were also delicious and SUPER easy!

http://www.food.com/recipe/danished-glazed-mushrooms-135210

I hope to come back to many followers who have become big fans of our blog! I hope Mary doesn't get mad at me for contributing so little! 'Farvel' for 18 months, blogosphere!

1 comment:

Mary J. Locke said...

*sniff* I'm going to miss you, Julie!! The blogosphere won't be the same without you.